Monday, January 4, 2010

My Personal Reading Challenge 2010

Okay, I don't get a lot of readers to this Blog, so I didn't have much input about my Reading Challenge (not surprising at all).  Perhaps one day this site will grow, but no worries, I also keep this Blog for me and for my own record of what I'm reading and my opinions.  Thanks to Brandie though for her input, I really appreciate it!

Brandie mentioned that she has tried the "Read 100 Books" challenge, and that it WAS a challenge.  I imagine it is, considering how much that pesky thing called "life" gets in the way of reading (TSK! TSK! Isn't that SO disappointing?!).  However, I'm mulling it over and you know what?  I'm going to try it.  I might not be able to accomplish it, but I've never given it a shot before.  Also, if there was ever a year to try to read 100 books, 2010 might be it.  I'm not in school anymore and my course is finishing this week, which means there's no homework in my way.  I don't currently have a full-time teaching job, and supply work doesn't leave you with planning and such in the evenings, I also don't have a husband or children yet and still live separately from Martin... I just think it might be the right time to take on this particular challenge.  I may have even read close to 100 books in 2009; I didn't keep track in a strict enough way to know for sure.

So without further ado, I introduce my first ever Reading Challenge: "Read 100 Books in 2010".

I'll update my Blog with each book I read.  My first book in the challenge will be The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, as I've really only just started it.  Let's see if I can hit the magic 100 -- and if I can't, at least I gave it my all!

My two personal rules for my challenge:

1) I can count ANY novel-type book I read in full; this can include any genre, fiction or non-fiction (so a professional text will count if read in full).

2) I can include any re-reads of novels from the past.  I tend to re-read favourite novels now and then, and I don't want to have to go through a whole year without doing this because of trying to reach my quota of 100 "New" Books.  It's just 100 Books, whatever they are.

Thanks, Brandie, for the idea!

1 comment:

Brandie said...

You can do it! Good luck! I like the rules you set for yourself...especially re-reading books. I intend to do that this year...I have so many good books I want to revisit.

I'm excited to see what you will be reading all year! Don't ever quit this blog...I love it :)