Sunday, March 14, 2010

10) Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich

I'm still on my Stephanie Plum kick.  I've just finished Plum Lovin', which is one of the "Between-the-Numbers" novels, and follows book 12.  The Between-the-Numbers books are very short little stories that all seem to be about a particular holiday (the first one was a Christmas story, this one was at Valentine's Day).  They seem to follow the theme of a strange guy named Diesel showing up, needing Stephanie's help on a case -- hilarity and trouble ensues.

I don't like them quite as much as the regular Stephanie Plum mysteries (which are all the 'numbered' titles -- "One for the Money", "Two for the Dough", "Three to Get Deadly", etc etc up to "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" so far).  They have a supernatural element to them which I think is supposed to be jokey, but it sort of takes away from the fact that the Stephanie Plum books aren't usually quite so silly as to have any supernatural elements. So, I don't know.  That part sort of bothers me, but if you just take them for some mindless entertainment and a little extra time with Stephanie Plum, then they're okay.

10 books in 2010 so far!  This is my 'March Break' from school, I'm hoping to be a reading machine, otherwise I'll never make it to 100 in a year!  90 more to go!

No comments: