Monday, January 25, 2010

2) Swapping Lives by Jane Green

Swapping Lives is the first Jane Green novel I've ever read, and I do think I'd read more of her books (if anyone recommends any particular titles, let me know!).  I borrowed this book from my friend Mel.  It's a chick-lit, which is what I enjoy (I like the escape they provide).  It wasn't the greatest book I've ever read, but if you take it for what it is, it's a fine enough read.

The premise is of a single girl in London named Vicky who works for Poise! magazine swapping lives with a married American woman named Amber -- to see what it's like to be married with children, and to provide a married woman a chance to relive single life.  For the title being "Swapping Lives", it wasn't until quite late into the novel that the characters actually swapped; and even then, it didn't go on for too much of the story.  Instead, the story focuses more on the situations that lead the girls to swap; and then wraps up with the lessons they learned about appreciating what they had.

The book wasn't thrilling, but it was a nice enough story.  In my copy I did find a couple of errors -- a few times where it said "Vicky" but it was clearly "Amber" speaking, so that was a bit distracting (for whatever reason, finding errors in novels happens to me a lot).  This is definitely a good one to borrow from a friend or take out from your local library.

2 down, 98 to go! *facepalm*

No comments: