Monday, January 11, 2010

100 Books in 2010 - Status Update

To read 100 books in 1 year, I need to read 8.3 books per month.

EIGHT books per month at the very least.  Approximately 2 books per week.

I figure that in July and August I'll hit that number no problem, and maybe be able to catch up a bit on any missed months.  I don't want to leave this until the second half of the year and suddenly freak out that I didn't keep up with my goal, so I need to take a very firm approach -- and yet, I still want to enjoy reading.

It's January 11th, and I've yet to add one book to my Read list.  However, I'm about halfway through two books -- so if I can get them both finished this week; and make some headway into a third, at least I'll be somewhere.

I'm not sure I'll make the 8.3 for January, but I'll push myself a bit to see how much I can read before the month is over.

1 comment:

Brandie said...

yeah...I figured if I read 8 a month, I'd be golden. and it was a struggle. what helped? audiobooks!! lol. i have a 40 minute commute each way for work and i could get in two audiobooks a month. and of COURSE that counts!!

good luck. i'm cheering you on!! btw...what two books are you reading?