Tuesday, January 26, 2010

3) Three Bedrooms, One Corpse by Charlaine Harris

I know exactly what you're thinking -- BOOK THREE!  ALREADY?! SHE'S AMAZING!

You'd be right. I am amazing.  In so very many ways. 

However, I did not quickly whip through an entire book in one night (not that I've never done that before, because I HAVE)(See above -- I can be amazing).  In truth, I was already reading this book on the side when I was reading The Lost Symbol and Swapping Lives.  Also, it's a small novel.

Book three of my "100 Books in 2010" Challenge is Charlaine Harris' Three Bedrooms, One Corpse.  This is the third book in her Aurora Teagarden Mystery series.  I've read all of the Sookie Stackhouse books (save for book 9, the newest one, as I'm waiting for it to be in paperback), so I thought I'd give some of Charlaine's other books a go.  The first Aurora Teagarden book (Real Murders) was at my local bookstore, so I bought it.  Quite liked it, so I moved on to book two (A Bone to Pick).  Liked that as well, so I decided to continue with the series.

I have to say though, this particular book was more dull than the first two.  The mystery was a good one, yet the middle section of the book dragged on without the mystery really being too prominent.  A few more twists and turns would have improved the storyline.  I do like the main character, however, and am starting to get into this world, so I am definitely going to continue with the series.  I'm just not in that much of a hurry with it, and probably won't read book four for a little while.

If you're looking for light reads with a touch of mystery and murder, I do recommend the Aurora Teagarden series by Charlaine Harris -- although personally I like the Sookie Stackhouse series better (I'm a vampire fiction fan, and I like the TV series "True Blood" which is based off of the Sookie series).

3 down, 97 to go!

What I'm Reading Next (Yes, Two at a Time Again):

Lipstick Jungle by Candace Bushnell -- another book borrowed from Melanie; I've never read any Candace Bushnell books before, but was a fan of the Sex and the City TV series of course.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan -- I gave this to my 11-year-old brother for Christmas, he LOVED IT, so now I'm reading it so that I can take him to the movie when it comes out in February (he said, "Estie!" that's what he's called me from when he was a baby, lol "Estie! Read this book, you'll really like it!", so I'm reading it!)

1 comment:

Brandie said...

You crack me up.

I want to read those lightening books too. They're a big thing right now!