Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sookie Stackhouse

During all of the Twilight hype, I started hearing about the HBO series "True Blood". We have digital cable at home, including The Movie Network on Demand, which includes the HBO Canada series on demand as well. I saw that "True Blood" was on there, so I decided to give it a go.

It's an odd sort of series, but something about it has sucked me in (see what I did there?). I've really started enjoying it, in fact.

What I can't believe I didn't know was that it's also based off of a book series! A book series that already has EIGHT books out!

So now I'm all giddy and totally drooling over this Sookie Stackhouse Boxed Set.

I can't even describe how excited I get when I find a solid series of novels to read. And I did, conveniently, receive a $40 Chapters gift card from my students on the last day of my placement - just the exact right amount for the boxed set of these books.

Ah. Reader's fate.

No comments: