Saturday, March 6, 2010

6) Lipstick Jungle by Candace Bushnell

I love the TV series Sex and the City (I also loved the movie and am looking forward to its sequel).  I was never an obessed SaTC fan, I didn't even get really into it until the movie version came out prompting me to borrow a friend's DVD sets.  I've also never read the book.

Candace Bushnell, the author and creator of the Sex and the City world, is the author of my sixth finished novel in 2010 -- Lipstick Jungle

I really liked this book.

The story is of three best friends in New York City, who are all powerful ladies in their respective fields, and who are all in their early 40s.  They are each dealing with career and personal life problems, which are the thrust of the story.  It's a fun, girly read and I liked the characters.  It was a short-lived TV series, starring Brooke Shields, Lindsay Price, and Kim Raver as the title characters.  I've downloaded it to give it a try, having liked the book, so I'll see how it compares (although I guess it isn't nearly as good as SaTC was, since it was cancelled after only so many episodes).

I definitely recommend this book if you're into SaTC type of stories, and I know I'll be giving Candace Bushnell's other books a try too.

6 down, 94 to go.  I'm so far off of achieving 100 if I'm going statistical on it, but whatever, the challenge is on -- who knows what Reading Miracle I can pull off before the clock strikes 12 on December 31st!

2 comments:

Heather @CritterChronicles said...

I'm glad to hear you liked Lipstick Jungle. I read One Fifth Avenue this past fall and couldn't get past all the superficial stuff, so I'd been hesitating on reading anything else by Bushnell. But seeing that you liked this one gives me hope that LJ might be better!

Heather @CritterChronicles said...

OH, and not that you asked, but here's the link to my review about that book: http://hmg-booksforme.blogspot.com/2009/12/one-fifth-avenue-by-candace-bushnell.html