Thursday, December 17, 2009

What I'm Reading Right Now: December 2009 Edition

Hi Friends!

I'm reading, albeit a little slowly right now.  I don't want this Blog forgotten, so here's a little update on what I'm currently reading, with some pre-reading thoughts rather than reviews, haha.

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

My boyfriend just finished this book, and I'm eager and excited to read it myself!  I've loved all of Dan Brown's books so far -- although I will admit that The Da Vinci Code was my least favourite of the bunch, even though it's so damn famous.  It was so much slower of a read than his other books for me -- but I do have to add that I still LIKED it, it just wasn't MY favourite of his novels.  I actually really loved Digital Fortress and Deception Point, and if you have only read Dan Brown's Robert Langdon books, then you NEED to read his other stand-alone stories -- they are fantastic and fun.  I'm hoping The Lost Symbol will engage me the way Angels & Demons did, and won't be slow to get into like The Da Vinci Code.

To The Nines & Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich

I finally have books 9 and 10 in the Stephanie Plum Series from my local library.  I had to request them, and they both came in this week!  I got book 10 first, so I was waiting for book 9, which I was able to pick up today! Hurrah!  I have definitely blocked the person who read book 9 from getting their book 10, but OH WELL, I had to wait and now it's their turn (luckily for them I always return these books before the three week borrowing period anyway, I'm reading this series so quickly!).  I may even read these before I read The Lost Symbol since they are from the library, and Martin owns the other (I requested these before I knew I'd be getting Dan Brown's book from Martin so soon).  I am loving this series, LOVING IT.  Do read and enjoy it if you haven't before.

So these are the three books I plan to read to cap off 2009.  Maybe I'll think of some sort of Personal Reading Challenge for 2010.  If I was to make a list of "Books I Must Read" what should I include?  Tell me what your FAVOURITE books are -- regardless of genre, just whatever you couldn't put down.  What books do you think EVERYONE needs to give a chance to?

No comments: