Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner

I had never read a Jennifer Weiner book before, but I was hearing her name come up on the Interwebz, so when I was at the library recently I decided to give her a try.  The book I chose was called Goodnight Nobody, and I chose it because I liked the synopsis.

Without giving away major spoilers, the story is about a woman named Kate who moves to the suburbs with her husband after having been born and raised a New York City gal.  She's a mother of three, and doesn't fit in with the upper-class neighbourhood Mommies.  After one of these mothers is murdered, Kate dives in to solving the seemingly unsolveable mystery.

This book was really enjoyable to read.  I liked the mystery, it wasn't predictable.  The characters, Kate's best friend Janie in particular, are enjoyable and well-developed.  It mixes Kate's earlier life in with her current predicament well too.

After reading this, I will definitely be giving Jennifer Weiner another shot.  I recommend you check out Goodnight Nobody if you're looking for something to read next.

No comments: