Sunday, March 29, 2009

Chasing Harry Winston

I recently finished reading Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger.

I very muched enjoyed The Devil Wears Prada and Everyone Worth Knowing so I was excited to read this next book and I took it out from the library a week or two ago, eager to dive in.

The story is of three best friends, all of very different personalities, who live in New York and make a pact to change their love lives in a year. The slutty/sexy friend vows to look for a husband, the serial-monogomist friend vows to start having a few more flings and one-night stands, and the third friend doesn't know what her resolution will be (as her life seems near-perfect to everyone but her), but it's the third friend who discovers that more will change for her in the year than she necessarily expected.

And the verdict? I liked it, I really did.

But I didn't love it. It was a good chick-lit read, and the characters were enjoyable, but it wasn't an amazing-omgz(!!!) story that I'd necessarily rush to recommend to people.

I say, if you're looking for a new chick-lit book to read, then go for it. Her writing style is definitely better than some authors out there, and it is a good enough story. But, I wouldn't necessarily rush to read this one, as it's nothing out of the ordinary, in my very humble opinion of course. I prefered her other two books to this one.

I'm filing this review under a new tag called "library it", because I say, give it a read... but maybe don't waste money buying it. The tag "recommendation" will be for something I'm sure of, and "avoid" is pretty self-explanatory.

Currently Reading:
One for the Money: A Stephanie Plum Novel by Janet Evanovich

1 comment:

Brandie said...

I felt the same way about this book. It was just okay, but not nearly as good as her first two.