Saturday, January 31, 2009

Chasing Fireflies: A Novel of Discovery

Last week I finished reading Chasing Fireflies by Charles Martin. This was a book that my aunt gave my grandma for Christmas, and having read the back cover, I decided to borrow it.

It was fabulous!!! It was a 2008 Christy Award winner as well, if anyone who reads this cares to know that. :-) This was the first time I've ever read a Chris Martin novel, but I really enjoyed it and his style reminds me of Nicholas Sparks (and I've made it pretty well known on here that I love Nicholas Sparks).

It wasn't a chick-lit romance like my usual books are, it was a story of family and the search for identity and connection. It was really well-written, with a twist ending that I wasn't expecting at all.

Very good book, highly recommended!

Find it online here:

Amazon.ca
Amazon.com

No comments: