Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dear John



Author: Nicholas Sparks

Publication Year: 2006

Synopsis: (courtesy of Nicholas Sparks online)

An angry rebel, John dropped out of school and enlisted in the Army, not knowing what else to do with his life--until he meets the girl of his dreams, Savannah. Their mutual attraction quickly grows into the kind of love that leaves Savannah waiting for John to finish his tour of duty, and John wanting to settle down with the woman who has captured his heart. But 9/11 changes everything. John feels it is his duty to re-enlist. And sadly, the long separation finds Savannah falling in love with someone else. "Dear John," the letter read...and with those two words, a heart was broken and two lives were changed forever. Returning home, John must come to grips with the fact that Savannah, now married, is still his true love—and face the hardest decision of his life.

Thoughts:

Very soon after writing my previous post about my love for all books by Nicholas Sparks, a co-worker loaned me this novel. I nearly read the entire thing in one evening. Having already recently gushed about Nicholas Sparks in general, I will just say -- READ THIS BOOK. The calibre of this love story, and the way it draws you in, is very reminiscent of The Notebook. I was engrossed by the characters and the story, and even found myself crying throughout the ending of the book.

Dear John is available for purchase online here:

Amazon (Can.)

Amazon (U.S.)

------------

Note from The Wonder Worrier: I apologize for my previous lack of updates on this blog; I am trying to update more steadily now. I have read a good batch of novels recently, so I'm updating frequently this week with novels that I didn't get a chance to update as soon as I finished reading them. The end of my office job and beginning of teacher's college had me distracted for the past couple of weeks. Keep checking in, and happy reading!!!

No comments: